My Photo
Name:
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Quick magazine update

"Life in slow motion
Somehow it don’t feel real "


Quick magazine update.

Well I talked to my buddy, and we are sitting down on Sunday to further discuss the magazine. He is able to approve the advertising budget for his company without question from his higher ups. I talked to him of exclusivity, and he said that it would be perfectly fine for me to have other advertisers. He's not really doing this to promote his company. He's doing it because there's a market for it in Knoxville, and thinks this is a good investment. So we'll sit down on Sunday to discuss the details, but as of right now it's a go.

I'm looking into the feasibility of getting a small personal loan from the bank in order to purchase a very stout digital camera. I've found a professional level camera that will cost about $2,000. That's with a total of two lenses. It's one I was saving up for anyways, but have decided to go ahead and purchase it. As long as I am able to procure a loan. It'd take me a few months to buy the camera outright, maybe more since Christmas is coming up. Plus with a high mega-pixel digital camera I won't have to worry with developing and scanning photos. Which will in the long run save me a ton of money. Also with the loan I'll be able to handle some of the up front cost of starting the magazine. Between the domain name, hosting, business license, among many other small costs it may be hard to handle all of that with just my income. Mortgage, utilities, and food is more important to me at this point.

I can't really describe how I feel. It's somewhere between excitement, fear, and nervousness. My plan is to produce the bulk of at least three issues before I even think about building racks, and speaking to businesses about placing said racks in front of their businesses. I want to be a little ahead of myself as far as photos, articles, and reviews are concerned. For now I'll just be reviewing movies soon to DVD, since I have no idea how to get into previews of movies. As far as CDs are concerned, I'm going to save them for last. Right before it goes to press I'll purchase a few CDs to review. I think that I need to get the magazine out there in order for the record companies to recognize that I'm legit, and send me advance copies. Plus my ties to the local music scene will help me. I can always review mostly local bands which promote a single CD sometimes for years.

Anyways, most of the above is rambling. I just felt the need to get my thoughts out there.

Until next time:
"High expectations are the key to everything." - Sam Walton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home