My Photo
Name:
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, United States

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Three Word Wednesday - May 23, 2007

"I might be in Colorado, or Georgia by the sea
Working for some man who may not know at all who I might be"


Three Word Wednesday - May 23, 2007

Sir Bone of Bama has Three Word Wednesdays at his blog. The project is that he picks three words, then people write a bit utilizing those three words. The three words this week were filthy, guess, and convenience. Below you will find my attempt.

"I guess it's really all a matter of convenience. Everything that happened?"

"Yes, for the hundredth time. I was just walking down the street when I bumped into your wife."

"Really? You wouldn't lie to me now, would you son? You know what I do to men that lie to me?"

"Yes. Yes. YES!" The last 'yes' was emphasized by the swift crack of a baseball bat splintering Shaun's left shin. "Oh God," was all that Shaun could barely eek out through the flood of tears.

"He can't help you now, son. I want to hear you tell me the truth. What is the nature of your relationship with my wife? Is it truly some simple passing, or was it what I believe it to be? A tawdry, filthy affair between two consenting adults?"

"I swear, it's nothing!"

With another loud crack, Shaun's other shin became mush.

Until next time:
"The ideas dictate everything, you have to be true to that or you're dead." - David Lynch

8 Comments:

Blogger Write From Karen said...

Okay, I'm picturing the whole gangsta talk, but with a thread of politeness.

I really enjoyed this tidbit and could easily see this expanded upon. Why is the husband so paranoid? Does the wife really fool around? Was this the first time? Who's Shaun ... and on and on.

Very nice short!

Write From Karen
http://take2max.com/blog/?p=1787

3:15 PM  
Blogger Voices of NLD said...

I think the Lynch quote answered Karen's questions

6:49 PM  
Blogger Gay said...

Ouch.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Interesting scene. I'm like Karen... I am interested in seeing more of these characters and finding out what's going on.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Renee Nefe said...

Yeah, why is this guy so paranoid? I've always heard that when someone is worried about an affair with no evidence then it's that person who is having the affair!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

Oh, wow.

Yes, perhaps he was projecting his guilt on poor Shaun. And by projecting, I mean, lambasting.

9:54 PM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

I saw this as a very subtle way to get around to the violence. It works very well for me.

Dark, deep things need not begin with a bang...

Glad to be here from 3WW.

3:22 AM  
Blogger uberjam said...

haha. cool story. my kind of story. :)

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home